- The Moray Game Jam is held at Moray College UHI, Moray Street, Elgin IV30 1JJ, directions can be found at http://www.moray.uhi.ac.uk/about-us/local-area/find-us
- The event is open to teams up to a maximum of 5 people.
- If you are unsure of who to work with then sign up to our Facebook Group to meet other people who also want to participate, get chatting and share your skillset. There will also be a 'solo matching service' available on arrival at registration.
- Parental Consent - participants under 18 years of age require parental consent to attend, parents are to complete and return the attached form by e-mail to [email protected]
Friday 17th March 2017
- Open for participants to register from 11:00
- Welcome talk / theme announcement 12:00
- Buffet Lunch from 12:30
Saturday 18th March 2017
- Free workshops that are open to the public and contestants will take place in the lecture theatre from 9.30am and will run the following times:
9:30 - 10:30 Game Development Tools for Rapid Prototyping 10:45 - 11:45 How NOT to make a game... 12:00 - 13:00 The Logic of Interactive Storytelling 13:15 - 14:15 Crafting a Great Game Art Portfolio 14:30 - 15:30 Engaging Play 15:45 - 16:15 Augmented Reality: A Real World View? 16:30 - 17:00 How To Create a Mobile VR game in Unity
- Note: Anyone under the age of 14 has to be accompanied by an adult this year.
Sunday 19th March 2017
- Competition Closes 12.00
- Mini-gaming playground will be available where participants can showcase their games from 12:30 - 15:00 open to the public!
- Buffet at 15:30
- Winners announced at 16:00
What's available to participants:
- Sleeping areas - classrooms will be opened up to provide quiet space for a nap
- Showers in the sports area
- Refreshments - Tea, coffee, juice, light snacks (cake squares, small oranges), a microwave will be available to heat ready meals and the venue is close to town
- Hardware and software - particularly 3 metre cables
- Sleeping bag/Duvet